Wednesday, March 7, 2012

New toy!

Purim starts tonight, but I have a confession: I love latkes. In the great Latke-Hamantaschen Debate, latkes win hands-down every time. For the past few years in Teaneck, Ma'adan, a local kosher market, has held a latke-eating contest. Unfortunately, I have yet to win (I do hold the 2011 title in the Picklicious pickle-eating contest, however).



But I digress....

The point is, I love latkes. And for the past couple of years I have hosted a big Chanukah party with lots and lots of latkes. Unfortunately, tragedy struck this past Chanukah when my food processor died on me - right as I was making 5 pounds of latkes. Fortunately, I was able to borrow one from a friend and Chanukah was saved! But I remained without a food processor.




That is, until this week! I am now the proud owner of a brand new KitchenAid 7-cup food processor!


It's a thing of beauty, is it not? And, kind readers, my good fortune is your good fortune. This Friday night I am hosting a Shabbat dinner, and using a number of food processor-centric recipes. I will, of course, post my full menu on Friday, along with recipes and pictures next week. Just to give you a taste of what's to come, though, two of the dishes I plan on making include hummus and pareve banana-peanut ice cream. How will I do it? You'll have to check to find out!

And maybe, just maybe, I'll make a latke or two.

Have a freiliche Purim!

No comments:

Post a Comment