Friday, March 22, 2013

Pesach is coming!

Time to eat all the chametz!

I'm in the midst of cleaning out my fridge and getting rid of all my chametz, which is not as easy as it sounds! I made a mix of penne and cheese tortellini tonight in a red sauce with garlic, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper, olive oil and pepper.  Don't ask me for the proportions, I just eyeball when it comes to pasta sauces - but they do end up tasting fantastic.  I've also been eating a lot of grilled cheese this week: regular shredded cheddar; mozzarella and avocado; and combos of all of the above. 

For Shabbat I'm joining two potluck meals and cleaning out the last major bits.  I'll be making a roast pesto chicken, peanut-sesame noodles, and stir-fried tofu.  I'll post pictures and the recipes as they are completed. 

And, of course, Pesach starts on Monday night. I've got six boxes of matzah (one of those 5-lb'ers and a box left from last year) and a bunch of cheeses, so I'll be whipping up matzah pizza and matzah brie  during the week and posting for all of you. 

Now the big question is, who wants to clean my apartment before Monday??

No comments:

Post a Comment