Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Green-cabbage cole slaw


You may remember that when it comes to barbecues and the like, I enjoy my red-cabbage slaw, which has a little bit of a kick. Red cabbage isn't always convenient, however, since it's hard to find pre-shredded in large bags and usually I have to buy a whole head and chop it up myself and then chop up the carrots. Green cabbage, on the other hand, comes in perfectly prepared cole slaw mixes in handy 12-ounce bags. I've used my slaw recipe with green cabbage and it's been fine but it really works better with red. So when I was looking for a side dish for last week's Shabbat dinner, I decided to go green and make a sweet dressing.

This is what I came up with and it was delicious. Enjoy.

Green-cabbage cole slaw 





4 tbs sugar
2 tbs salt
2 capfuls of white vinegar
1 tbs pepper
1 c mayo
½ c Tofutti Sour Supreme
12 oz bag green cabbage cole slaw mix

In a large bowl, mix dressing ingredients together until creamy.  Add in the cole slaw mix and fold the dressing in until the slaw is covered.  Place the slaw in a container with a lid and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to meld. 

The next day, add more salt, pepper and sugar if desired. And enjoy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment