Thursday, April 12, 2012

Matzah Pizza

What did the Incas eat during Pesach?

Matzah Pizza!

Badum bum!


Yeah, you're probably thinking to yourself, "Matzah pizza? Pfft, anybody can make that!"

True, but not everybody can make it well. I sure didn't for years. It was only in the past couple of years I started experimenting with the basic combo of matzah+sauce+cheese.  A few years ago I started making white matzah pizza, replacing the tomato sauce with ricotta and adding a little olive oil and basil. It was delicious. This year I forgot to buy ricotta so I came up with something else.



Matzah Pizza





1 sheet of matzah
Tomato sauce
Shredded mozzarella
Feta cheese
1 avocado

Preheat your oven to 350. Slice up your avocado lengthwise.

Place your matzah in a pan/foil/whatever you are cooking in that is oven safe. Spread a spoonful of tomato sauce on the matzah until one side is covered. Cover it with a layer of mozzarella. It's OK if you don't cover the entire thing, you'll add more cheese soon.

Place a few slices of avocado on the matzah and break up a few pieces of feta and spread them around as well. Top with another layer of mozzarella.

Bake at 350 degrees for five minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking.

Simple, easy, and yummy for Chol Hamoed or Yom Tov.

3 comments:

  1. Finally, someone tells me how to make this in an oven! It's crazy, everyone I know kept telling me to "zap it in a microwave". 1. I'm sure that'd make the matzah soggy and gross. 2. I don't own a microwave. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks awesome! i can't wait to try it either! Please link up to Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks really good. Great post, this I will put on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete